Adam, Drew, Jared and special guest Paul Mayne of Day One app fame catch up on the latest topics from The Industry. We cover Chrome’s recent drop of font-smoothing and how they need to fix fonts in Chrome 22, Jared’s recent 18th birthday and how age doesn’t matter, the pros and cons of operating in ‘Stealth mode’, Paul’s Day One app, responsive patterns – plus so much more!
Do you want to give the journal app Day One for Mac and iOS a try?
- Follow Day One on Twitter
- Tweet out this episode and include @dayoneapp
- Mention how you will use Day One
If it sounds like too many steps, we’ve set up a tweet just for you! We’ll then pick 10 winners at random!
- Paul Mayne of Day One is this week’s guest
- You’re Young. I’m 18. So What? by Jared Erondu
- Redesigning The Industry – a mockup from Drew Wilson
- USA Today redesign – Drew and Paul like it!
- Chrome 22 removes support for CSS font smoothing
- Sponsor Love! Use our coupon code “theindustry10” at Squarespace
- Stealth Mode by Jason Cohen
- Square is now valued at $3.25 billion after closing a $200 million round of funding
- Starbucks and Square to Team Up
- Boot to Gecko – the Mozilla mobile OS that doesn’t use webkit
- More screenshots and details for Boot to Gecko
- Sponsor Love! Harvest – use our coupon code “industry” to receive 50% off your first month
- Responsive Patterns
- Paul – Day One. Photo support was recently added. Check it out. Plus, they’re hiring an Obj-C developer.
- Jared – Currently in stealth mode. Shhhh. As for The Industry, a redesign is in process, and a podcast network is coming.